Say goodbye to ingrown hairs and hello to smooth self care.
Small changes can make a big difference when it comes to your self-care routine. We’ve designed our ërgo razors with this in mind, using non-slip rubber, for ultimate control over every contour. This summer you can have the style you want, with a razor that’s as precise as it is kind to your skin
Top tips for looking after your skin while shaving
1. Shave before bed. Would you believe it that you’re primed and ready for a lil bit of casual hair removal right before you retire for the evening? Well it’s true. In the morning, we’re all just a little more puffy than usual due to overnight fluid retention, allowing for slightly less precision when we shave.
2. Get steamy. Aim to spend a minimum of 10 minutes in a steamy bath or shower pre-shave. The steam works to soften your hair, while opening up your pores, and removing impurities making for a smoother, more precise shave. The perfect excuse to get some candles out and put some relaxing tunes on.
3. Protect your razor. Every time you shave or style your hair, you’re creating a piece of art (that’s right, you are art). So just like you would a paintbrush, keep your razor somewhere clean and dry. We recommend using your razor for no more than 7 shaves, and for a maximum of 3 months.
4. Exfoliate. Exfoliation is the secret weapon so many of us miss out on. Use a gentle facial exfoliator on more sensitive areas, while our Luffa body scrub bar will work well everywhere else. Exfoliator removes excess oil and impurities, thereby reducing irritation and chances of infection when shaving.
On top of this, exfoliating physically lifts the hair away from the skin, allowing for a smoother shave and reducing the development of ingrown hairs.
5. No dry shaving. Avoid inflammation and rough patches by using a moisturising shave gel. It can be tempting to cut corners sometimes, but short term time gain is your long term loss and dry shaving can cause serious skin irritation. You deserve those few extra minutes, and that nourishing protective barrier.
Soap doesn’t work like shave gel. Soap and shower gels are surfactants that dry your skin out. Unfortunately, that is not what your skin needs after an encounter with a blade. Shave gel moisturises and protects, allowing for a smooth glide.
6. Go with the grain. Particularly when shaving more sensitive areas of your body, like your bikini line. It can feel counterintuitive initially to shave in the direction that your hair grows, but trust us, your skin will thank you. Going against the grain in more sensitive areas can lead to inflamed, tender skin as well as encouraging ingrown hairs; the bikini-wearers nemesis.
7. Pat dry. Your skin’s been through a lot on this hair removal journey. Be gentle when it comes to the after care. A casual pat with a soft but absorbent towel is perfect. No need for an aggressive rub down, this isn’t airport security.
8. Apply toner. Toner is the skincare hype man so many of us never knew we needed. The more delicate areas of your body are no different to your face, so give them the same treatment for truly revitalised skin. Toners can help to tighten pores, reduce inflammation and repair cellular damage. Perfect for a bit of bikini line and even armpit aftercare.
9. Hydrate. Your body loves moisture. Your skin, especially in the warmer months, needs some help to stay hydrated, particularly after shaving. This summer we’ve fallen in love with our dry oil range. It sinks luxuriously into the skin, leaving behind an invigorating scent.
For more sensitive areas like your bikini line and even your armpits, try applying a gentle facial moisturiser. Its soothing effect will have you wondering why you’ve not been doing it your whole life.